Last Updated on August 11, 2022 by user
On Tuesday, October 27th, we hosted the second in our ongoing series of Health Webinars.
Hosted in conjunction with our partners Health at Hand, and presented by Dr. Ruhil Badiani, the webinar focused on women’s health awareness with a focus on breast cancer awareness.
An insightful and important session, here were our 5 key takeaways:
- Early or late onset menopause can increase risk of breast cancer.
- Greater than 70% of those diagnosed have no modifiable risk factors.
- Obesity, poor diet and alcohol can increase risk of breast cancer.
- Lack of physical activity and high stress diet can can increase risk of breast cancer.
- Early breast cancer may have no symptoms at all – this is why regular screenings and examinations are important!
For more information, for instance on how to self-examine and detect early, please watch the video here.